Purpose: The purpose of Make Poverty History Manitoba (MPHM) is to provide a central coalition of agencies and individuals working for the elimination of poverty in Manitoba.
Vision: A Manitoba without poverty.
Mission: To change public policy to achieve a Manitoba without poverty.
- To create a strong, politically non-partisan and provincial coalition and movement, representative of all sectors of society, in support of achieving a Manitoba without poverty.
- To promote the development and implementation of adequately resourced, comprehensive and effective anti-poverty plans at all levels of government based on the principle of social inclusion, with targets and timelines for outcomes.
- To make poverty elimination a top societal priority.
- To work in cooperation with and support relevant national campaigns to end poverty.
To achieve these objectives we will:
- Consult broadly
- Gather research
- Develop policy recommendations for eliminating poverty
- Advocate for policy change with and on behalf of those living in poverty
- Generate publicity and public awareness on the impact that poverty has on everyone and on solutions for ending poverty.
- Mobilize Manitobans in support of poverty elimination